Last modified: 1 July 2021
Please take a moment to read our return policy to understand how they apply to your online purchase of any products or services. Use of our Services is also subject to additional General Terms, which apply to online purchases.
We want you to be happy with your items. If for any reason you’re not, you may return items purchased online to the following address:
P.O. Box 66182,
for a full refund, replacement or exchange, provided you have the original tax invoice, and items are returned in a resalable condition within 30 days of purchase.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products:
- package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
- include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery/collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery/collection by contacting our customer support service at +27 (0) 74 728 9160 or sending us an email at email@example.com.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or refund you if that is your preference.
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of high quality, and in good working order without defects.
What is a defect?
A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges, sea air corrosion or contact with water;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website, user manual and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
Please present two documents when you return an item you’ve purchased online:
- Your dispatch note: This is given to you when your order is delivered.
- Your original tax invoice: This is emailed to you when your order is being processed.
Please note we will only expect refunds if:
- the original invoice is presented on return as proof of purchase;
- the price ticket / barcode is attached;
- the item has not been worn or used;
- the item is in its original condition and packaging;
- the item is returned in the country of purchase;
We cannot accept items that have been altered or changed unless there is a quality complaint unrelated to the alteration or change.
Our delivery agents are not authorized to accept goods for return on delivery. Please phone Customer Services on +27 (0) 74 728 9160 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you need any further details.
Any item with a quality issue that does not have a best before or use by date can be refunded or exchanged within 12 months of purchase.
Original proof of purchase is however always required for items with a 12-month guarantee.
Your refund will be given against the original payment card as specified on your proof of purchase (your online dispatch note serves as your proof of purchase). For example, if you paid online with a credit card, your refund will be processed to the given credit card. Please note that you cannot receive a cash refund for items purchased online.
Charges and refunds
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return.
If you return a product that does not comply with this policy, you may be liable to reimburse Secanity for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, debit card or payment by EFT will be refunded to your nominated bank account.